Bev’s Spinach and Bacon Pasta
Adapted from a Kraft Recipe
1 lb. wide egg noodle, uncooked
¾ cup Kraft Light Done Right! Zesty Italian Reduced Fat Dressing plus and extra 1/2 cup of dressing
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
1 6 oz. bag fresh baby spinach (about 4 cups)
1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, divided
8 slices Oscar Mayer Bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled (I use center cut and as a result may use a couple of more slices)
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- Heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Add tomatoes and cook 1 minute stirring occasionally
- Stir in noodles and stir in an extra ½ cup salad dressing (the original recipe called for ½ cup of reserved cooking water from the noodles, but this adds much more flavor!).
- Remove from heat.
- Add spinach, ½ cup cheese and the bacon. Toss lightly to combine.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining ½ cup cheese
© 2008 Beverly Hicks Burch All Rights Reserved.